Friday, August 6, 2010

MAC Flashback: Tempt Me Tease Me Fall 2004


While on my vacation, I went through a box in the guestroom. Sure enough, there was my collection of MAC postcards. Remember when MAC used to either mail postcards about campaigns and invites or you used to pick them up at your local store or counter?
Well, now I get emails- ( unless its an exclusive event which has postcards) anyway, I started to rummage through them and that feeling of excitement hit me all over again!
My first campaign card was Lady Danger from 2000. It reminded me of the Charlie's Angels movie as the campaign and collection came out at around the same time, I was just starting my undergrad at SDSU and the trips I used to take to Fashion Valley on the regular.
I then moved on to some of the other cards I collected in different places: Peacenik ( 2002) acquired at MAC Hollywood, Smoke Signals ( 2007) acquired in Galleries Lafayette in Paris, etc. But one of my absolute favorite campaigns / collection was ( and still is ) Tempt Me Tease Me from 2004.

In MAC's Fall campaign fashion, Tempt Me Tease Me catered to both warm and cool tones but my excitement rests in the fact that collection was boudoir chic and come hither without being over- the-top ( no loud flashy reds in this one). Another plus was that I got to pick up a lookbook at my local Nordies with looks from the collection. YES!

Now I can look back and reminisce on all the great memories I have from the campaign cards and hope that in the future, MAC will create special items for artsy cosmetic aficionado such as myself.

Photos of the Tempt Me Tease Me campaign look book are below.

Enjoy!






No comments: